If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Electricity goes through the path of least resistance."

edited 2014-10-08 02:54:15 in General

Thread Rush!

For the longest time as a kid that phrase made me think electricity only goes through the path of least resistance.

Related: "converting mass to energy", and any common phrase that has to do with entropy.

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Something tells me that I don't fully get the point.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

lrdgck wrote:

Something tells me that I don't fully get the point.

• edited 2014-10-08 16:49:03

You often hear that "Electricity goes through the path of least resistance."  In reality, though, electricity travels through all possible paths in a circuit, it's just that more of it will go through the less resistant path.  So, the former statement is confusing and misleading.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Ah yeah.  Well, that's what I thought the complaint was in the first place, okay.

• Wait till you have to calculate current as a function of position inside a solid block of graphite.  THAT'S where shit gets fun.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Hell no.

• > electrical engineering

> not having to study dynamics, thermodynamics or turbomachinery

I am an electromechanical engineering student thank you very much.

• > career with "mechanical" in its name

> not having to study solid mechanics (or turbomachinery).

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I prefer the spherical cow approach.

I do study Turbomachinery,

• Gee, you study most of the same things we do.