If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Hotels and resorts

edited 2014-09-14 22:11:58 in Meatspace

I don't see the appeal of travelling to a foreign country only to spend all day in a resort. Couldn't you get the same experience by staying in your own country? I figure that if I were going abroad, I would want to explore beyond some artificial tourist-pandering zone.

Comments

• edited 2014-09-14 22:39:26
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Yeah, same here.

I actually want to take a roadtrip stopping in various small towns, just so that I can get away from the touristy resort areas that all just advertise sun/beaches/golfing/gambling/fine dining.  Some places you want to get a good taste of the local cuisine, some places you wanna appreciate the wondrous flora and fauna, some places you wanna see spectacular views of jagged cliffs, some places you wanna appreciate for their historical significance.

• edited 2015-10-09 07:13:26

[user deleted]

• edited 2014-09-14 23:00:07

Kraken wrote:

I'd say that if you only want to sit in the sun, then a resort is fine.

You know what else works if all you want to do is sit in the sun? That park down on 11th Avenue. And that's free!

• edited 2015-10-09 07:13:19

[user deleted]

• My arms are falling off!

Whenever my parents take me to the Philippines, we might spend a night in a hotel but that's about it. Most nights we stay are at our relatives' house.

Either way we're out and about most of the time, either touring parts of the country or going to the 136897193068216 shopping centers around the Manila area.