If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Streaming music services

edited 2014-07-18 21:05:27 in Webspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Does anyone have experience with Pandora, iHeartRadio, iTunes Radio, Rhapsody, Spotify, Slacker, or Milk Music?  If so, what do you think of it?

I've tried Pandora a little bit and it seems mediocre, but I haven't tried the others.

Comments

• Last.fm is my music service of choice. It's much less intrusive with the advertising, plus it customizes your experience based on what you listen to on iTunes.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Isn't Last.fm just a place for people to post what they listen to?

Also, unfortunately, it's not one of the ones that T-Mobile offers for free data streaming of.

That said...anyone know if it's possible to seed Pandora playlists with music features (rather than just songs)?

• a little muffled

Isn't Last.fm just a place for people to post what they listen to?
    It also has a "radio" feature.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

1. Discovered Pandora over 6 years ago.

2. Pandora fails to feed me what I want to listen to.  Lacks many artists that I'm interested in listening to.

3. Stop using Pandora after a short time.

4. In the intervening years, independently figure out those features of music that make a song strike my fancy.

5. Go back to Pandora due to it being offered for free streaming by cell phone carrier.  Find that it is still lacking artists I'm interested in, but hope that it has at least filled in some more gaps since I last visited it.

6. Become impatient.  E-mail Pandora asking if it is possible to build a station by specifying features.

• My arms are falling off!

Installed iHeartRadio, uninstalled it once I discovered it has no genre stations. Can't run Milk on my phone because my phone is not using the official Samsung bloatware-loaded Android versions. Pandora is okay.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Just had this thought. Is the Screamer Radio program something to be mentioned in this thread, too obvious, or something else like that?