If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Unsolicited Advice

GAPGAP
edited 2014-06-27 03:02:28 in General

I know I have to learn to handle criticism and I know theya re not trying to be mean but how I handle unwanted advice from someone I barely know?

Comments

• edited 2015-10-09 07:49:32

[user deleted]

• Still, I kind of wish that wasn't so critical of it. I know I need to improve on some things, the advice some people give me sounds almost condescending.

• edited 2015-10-09 07:49:26

[user deleted]

• Call them out on their smart privilege. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Some people are bad at providing constructive criticism.

Some people just aren't even providing constructive criticism, but simply want to yell at you.

The trick is to separate their delivery from their content.  They could be talking very nicely but be mostly useless.  They could also be talking like an idiot, but have something useful to say.

• Thanks for that one. What about those who do know what they are talking about and yet you feel like a moron for getting it wrong?