If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Youtube changed it's front layout again.

edited 2014-06-08 18:03:30 in Webspace

Oh, fuck you, Google. Seriously, fuck you.

Comments

• Can I get an image of it, It does not seem to have changed for me.  I need to know how bad it is. 

• The sidebar that has things like your "watch later" list has disappeared entirely. Instead you have to click on a drop-down menu near the top of the page.

It's relatively minor, but what pisses me off so much is that there was no reason to change it.

• For me that bar has a toggle button right next to the youtube logo that controls its visibility.

• That's what I meant by "drop-down." The sidebar was always visible before: you didn't have to click anything.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't even use the sidebar since I don't use Youtube logged in and thus my "watch later" are "load this in a new tab and then pause the video".

But I sympathize.  Don't like interface changes like this, unless it's really necessary.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

And I've noticed that Youtube videos are now larger!

...and it's harder to copy/paste their description.  The entire description area is now click-to-expand/shrink.  This really annoys me.

• BeeBee
    edited 2014-06-13 22:26:00

I just use Duck Duck Go to get directly to searching from the URL bar via !yt, so I don't think I've even seen Youtube's front page in a year-ish.