If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Why don't you have any games on this thing?"

edited 2014-05-17 04:20:43 in Tech

I don't know why this grates on me so much, but it does.

Like...I use my iPad for watching videos, browsing the web, chatting on IRC, and occasionally reading ebooks. I don't use it for games.

But to hear my family tell it, you'd think anyone who has any kind of mobile device is supposed to load it up with Flappy Candy Crush Angry 2048 Birds or something.

Also: Why is it that I've had a tablet for two goddamn years and nobody cared, but when I get one with a picture of an apple on the back suddenly you're all swarming around me trying to get "a turn" with it?

Comments

• a little muffled

Also: Why is it that I've had a tablet for two goddamn years and nobody cared, but when I get one with a picture of an apple on the back suddenly you're all swarming around me trying to get "a turn" with it?
    yet another reason to never buy any apple product ever

Personally, I have games on my phone but almost never actually play them.

• I don't buy Apple products. This one was a gift. :P

• Are your friends five?!

• Related to ^, I think I might have thought this way about computers in general...

when I was like, small.

• Though, to be honest, I do see some value in having one or two games on my phone.

For those times when you're stuck somewhere bored with no internet access.

• Most of those games are terrible though.

• All of those games are terrible though.

• Which is why they're a last resort. :P

(I'm a huge dork who prefers reading e-books as my "whoops, no internet connection" activity.)

• That's pretty much how it is for me too.  Also hello Central :3

• My arms are falling off!

In all honesty I've been wanting an iPad just for its music games (Reflec Beat, ju(ke)beat, Tonesphere), almost none of which are on Android (all there is is Cytus and Love Live).

• I have some games on my iPod which I play whilst waiting for my washing to finish. Robot Unicorn Attack is a good time waster.

But yes, when people say "Oh, you haven't got this game. The fuck is wrong with you?" , it does annoy me.
  • My arms are falling off!

But yes, when people say "Oh, you haven't got this game. The fuck is wrong with you?" , it does annoy me.

It's a pet peeve for me no matter what platform. Someone once got mad at me because I haven't played, for example, the original Half-Life.

Like, I'm sorry I'm not a huge FPS person and that I don't have tastes that line up with yours?

• edited 2014-05-31 20:47:19
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I sometimes wonder if I developed a sense of pride (and a little bit of loudness) regarding my tastes for older styles of games in response to (my anticipating) people saying things like this.

Not saying these are good traits of mine -- I sometimes also worry I might be a bit obnoxious about it.