If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

As far as most non-Sonic fans are concerned, Sonic '06 is the last Sonic game

edited 2014-04-08 15:53:10 in Media

Or so it seems.

It makes me sad.

Comments

• Well, for any other franchise a game like 06 would kill off the series for good.

• I know it. Sonic's really lucked out...

• This reminds me of that Sonic Cycle meme and how 06 is the only game that actually fits the pattern. Every other game is a shoehorned example.

• Then there are those like me who don't know anything about the series except for the Sega Genesis games.

• ^^ Sonic and the Secret Rings and to a lesser extend Sonic Unleashed also fit the cycle.

• edited 2014-04-09 17:54:05

I first saw the Sonic Cycle in the spring of 2008...there was a period from late 2003 to about that time when I paid no attention to the Sonic franchise, and as such didn't even know Sonic '06 existed until then.

I wish people wouldn't slam Unleashed as complete garbage. I admit to not particularly caring for the "purity" of the franchise (beyond my disdain for the self-seriousness characterized by the franchise's entries for most of the 2000s), I just want a fun game...and Unleashed got the ball rolling on making them fun again. Most of the older 3D games haven't aged very well in my mind.