If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Liberals

edited 2014-03-27 19:55:59 in Politics

So, do you mean a US liberal (i.e. social liberalism) or a UK liberal (i.e. pro-business)? It doesn't help that in Canada, liberals can fall into either category.

Comments

• U.S. liberal, because the United States is the only country that matters. Duh.

• edited 2014-03-27 21:01:05
    a little muffled

Except that as far as I can tell, "liberal" in the States just means "anyone further left than the speaker".

Personally, when I use this word in the context of politics I am near 100% of the time talking about the Liberal Party of Canada since it's ambiguous at best and meaningless at worst as an actual description of someone's beliefs.

• Liberals also catch flak from the left as funfems, equalists and SWPLs. 

• ^^I could never get used to thinking of "liberal" as "left" due to the NDP's existence and the fact that several of the provincial Liberal parties are considered right-wing. The very fact that "Liberal" and "Conservative" mean different things on the provincial and federal levels highlights just how pointless the terms are.