If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'm starting to dislike Homestuck

edited 2011-01-11 06:35:18 in Media
It's still good, but the constant overexposure on tvtropes is wearing me down.

Comments

• I never read the wiki or go into the webcomic section of the fora, so I barely even knew it existed.
  • Maybe you could...

take a break from TvTropes? :O
  • This annoys me. I liked it before it was cool. >:(
  • Problem Sleuth was popular before Homestuck was, albeit not as much. So, Homestuck was always cool, jackhole.
  • I liked it before it became so cool it got a hatedom.
  • Again, the sudden departure from the style of Problem Sleuth caused some people to cry RUINED FOREVER.

It basically always had a hatedom and was always popular. Just not on the scale we see today, and not yet on a mainstream scale.
  • Wow, that video was like an unintentional parody of the fanbase.

I'm loving it ironically. 8J
  • It kind of is a crappy comic.
  • I'm still trying to decide if I want to start reading Homestuck or not.

I might find it easier to make up my mind if I could find an actual description of what it's about, but without over 9000 spoilers.
  • edited 2011-01-12 23:35:26
    an actual description of what it's about

A bunch of space aliens having hilarious romcom hatelust hijinks and the alleged protagonists being incompetent as fuck.

how the fuck do I quote shit
  • >Dave and Rose

>incompetent as fuck

gtfo
  • edited 2011-01-13 07:28:22
    The trolls are almost the Organisation XIII of Homestuck. They're a love-or-hate thing. Act 1 of Homestuck is pure quality. Read it and see if you're interested in continuing.

Ignore the Fanbase. Even Hussie himself doesn't like 'em that much. A lot of them don't seem to realise this, though. (Reminds me of Jhonen Vasquez and Invader Zim's fanbase a bit)

Also, I like all the acts, so leave me alone
  • I like homestuck so far, though the constant references to SBaHJ are getting a little bit grating.
  • Homestuck makes a ton of callbacks. Many of them are too subtle to notice unless you actively look for them.
  • "You are the star" and "It's you", "Youth Roll" and such were actually okay as far as callbacks go.

I'm kinda missing Problem Sleuth's zany insanity. Homestuck has been a little too mundane so far.

Is there some place that lists every reference Homestuck has made? I remember some people did that for a comedy blog about goosebumps books. It was dumb.
  • You could check out the forums. There's a thread there for "Obvious things you missed."

Don't worry about it being too mundane. That changes well before you're halfway through.