If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Idea for a videogame, sketched out in 5 minutes

edited 2014-02-27 14:11:54 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Feel free to fill in the details as you like.  Or take parts of the idea and run with them.

Area A: The Neighborhood

Area B: The Market

Area C: The Construction Site

Area D: The High-Rise

Area E: The Red-Light District

upon completion of Area E, Areas A and B become inaccessible until later.

Area F: The Docks

Area G: The Slums

Area H: The Forest

Area I: The Secret Lab

Area J: The Facility

Area D': The Headquarters

Area G': The Ruins

Area B': The Battlefield

Area K: The Caverns

Area A': The Base

Area L: ????

Comments

• I think...action game about an up-and-coming undercover DEA officer. He/she starts out on the trail of a strange new drug, just hitting the streets. Then they end up on the trail of what a conspiracy that goes all the way to the top.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Looks like fun, but I can't think of anything profound to say at the moment. Heck, not even something dumb.

• Is this somehow something more than just a list of random words prefixed by "Area : The"?

• The boss of the construction site is a crane that throws rubble, steel beams and shit.

(What do the apostrophes in some areas mean?)

• edited 2014-02-27 18:26:53

Presumably means that it's the same physical location, but now has different context and is a different level.  Maybe.

• So... the Base is different from the Headquarters?  And there is a rando Forest in between the Slums and the Secret Lab.  H'okay. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Is this somehow something more than just a list of random words prefixed by "Area : The"?

It was my attempt at coming up with some sort of narrative for a metroidvania-like game idea, via the area progression.  It was actually something I came up on a whim for a wonderpost over at Heapers' Hangout, but then decided that it was interesting enough that I might as well keep it around.  I think the idea I had was slightly inspired by Mega Man ZX.

Presumably means that it's the same physical location, but now has different context and is a different level.  Maybe.

Yeah.  One of the things I wanted to play with, as a narrative idea, was change in an area explored previously.  Interesting to think about what would have caused it -- was it something your character did (or didn't do) or did it just happen in the meantime?.

• For some reason, I imagine some sort of police or investigator type characters looking into some sort suspected crime thing, and then discover some sort of supernatural happenings. Which somehow involves buildings blowing up and stuff.

• edited 2014-02-28 10:55:44
    Diet NEET

Action adventure in the vein of No More Heroes. Our protagonist is a lanky, nasal, pizza-faced neckbeard armed with a canesword and an Oddjob-style throwable trilby and dressed in trenchcoat, cargo pants, graphic tee and combat boots. After his favourite videogame No Touchy Please is cancelled by an unlikely coalition of radfems(objectification!), masculists(videogames are for losers, find manly pursuits!), a variety of religious caricatures and other assorted offensive stereotypes, he goes on a revenge spree against various figureheads. The locations serve as chapters for setpieces and bosses. QTEs are optional and manually activated by initiating a Bullet Time meter which enables counters that vary depending on the attack that is reversed(charged attack=button mashing, projectile attack=aiming and deflecting it, sparring=button push sequence). Setpieces parody various gameplay styles(a reverse stealth section, where you have to draw all the mooks' attention towards you). 

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

^ Something like Ethnic Cleansing, except with net-dwelling neckbeard nerd instead of a Klansman as a protagonist? (And good gameplay, I guess.) I can honestly say this is gonna be fun.

• Meh, both sides of the political spectrum should be skewed. Besides, crude ethnic stereotypes give zero creative material, whereas cultural stereotypes get a pass if you exaggerate them enough. What works better, a boss who constantly falls asleep and drinks versus a fart-propelled luchador with an buzzsaw-styled sombrero that directly counters our hero's throwable trilby?