If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Search engines, please stop autocorrecting search input, darnit.

edited 2014-02-18 16:03:29 in General
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

1. For those people who input unusual search terms and actually want them, they'll be happier.

2. For those people who input unusual search terms while misspelling more popular search terms, they'll be taught to learn to spell and type correctly.

brought to you by "when I look up 'yahoot' i want the magicman.exe user and not the rival search engine"

and closely related to my complaint about auto-completing search terms though that one's for different reasons

Comments

• a little muffled
    Meh, much as DWIM bothers me in general this is pretty harmless. Worst case scenario you have to click a "yes I really meant that" link.
  • I really hate it when it causes the browser to lag, meaning that whatever will get cut, like ths.

• kinda understand the reasoning here, to be honest...because, well, if you're searching for something for the first time, it's not a given that you know the exact spelling.

Besides, with Google at least, it's easy enough to search for an exact string by putting it in quotation marks.

• My arms are falling off!

I remember when Google would let you do an exact word search by prefixing the word with '+'; now you have to use quotation marks. Oh well.