If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Fashion General

edited 2014-02-02 11:10:37 in General
There is love everywhere, I already know

I know this seems weird, but we have stuff to say about fashion and clothing in general right?

First of all I want to thank the creative team behind joggers (which are not jeans crossed with bloggers or pants you jog in), they're so versatile and really fir my body type (pear shape, which means I have child-bearing hips) really well.

Joggers go from semi-formal to casual really well, which is good because those are the two situations I deal with almost everyday (with school and work), the loose fit and the cuff at the knee (which reminds me, I don't want to thank whoever decided it was a good idea to make drawstring joggers, or that the elastic cuff should be overly visible on low end joggers as opposed to being hidden by a sewed-in cuff) make them wearable in all but strictly formal situations.

I don't like normal pants because they fit my hips and not my waist, which ruins the entire silhouette of whatever I'm wearing and usually makes me look quite silly, but joggers loose fit around the hips make them easy to get on while fitting at my waist with no issues and the cuffs prevent any length issues (which make pants look dumb) you'd normally get from pants that hug your hips.

The above-ankle length when paired with the elastic cuff also make them super comfortable while remaining stylish, without the hassle of having to manually cuff your pants.

Like, men's pants in general aren't really made for people who don't have that basic straight laced top-heavy shape so joggers are really a saving grace in that regard.

And if you think this sounds like a love letter to a certain cut of pants, I should say that I essentially replaced my entire wardrobe aside from formal pants (which still look dumb but I think that's the entire point of formal pants I think) and shorts with joggers.

Also as much as I complain about them drawtring+simple elastic ankle hug joggers are extremely comfortable but they have nowhere near as many benefits as normal joggers and make shopping for clothing really annoying so the positives and negatives cancel each other out.

Also also I really quite like this commercial and fashion advertising in general can be so fun when it's not racist, homophobic, lesbian-baiting or sexist.

Not that anybody should ever buy a designer watch.

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know

So... statement T-shirts.

A T-shirt with a funny/witty statement on it is kind of an insult to statement T-shirts, I think. I mean, it's like an actual written line of dialogue on your shirt, for the whole day. It's like repeating the same witty statement over and over to everybody you know, and obviously unless you have that kind of money you have to wear it more than once. Which means everybody around you will have to deal with a shirt that says X funny thing for eight hours at a time for an indeterminate period of time.

The thing about them is that they blur the line between spoken/read dialogue and clothing terribly. I mean, how amused to you have to be by the slogan before even you, the wearer gets tired of it?

I don't really mind an actual "statement" tee though, because they say something about you or your interests (or at least pretend to) and mesh with our modern general artsy advertising environment.

• edited 2014-03-13 22:13:59
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I kinda like funny statement t-shirts but don't want to buy them.  Their suitable target audience is limited, so unless I live in a dorm or I'm spending a whole day at an entertainment convention where people actually like this sort of stuff, I either wear it at home (where I have no audience or an inapplicable audience) or at school or work (where I have an inappropriate audience most of the time).

So I've realized that if anything it's better to get a shirt with some sort of subtle hint of a context -- where people who get it will get it but people who won't get it won't think it's tacky.  This way I can actually get away with wearing something interesting in public and not feel awkward.

also, t-shirt print comes off in ugly ways after a few washes...why can't people make shirts with good prints anymore...

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Also so I have this t-shirt from a school club, and on the back it says customink.com.

I saw the shirt design before it was made.  I saw it on the customink.com website.  It said that customers can get a discount if they include the customink.com logo.

I talked to the club president about it.  She said that that was going to get taken off.  I thought she was going to be smart and move it to some inobstrusive location, such as the bottom of the back or side of the shirt.

...well, no, that didn't happen.  Now I have a shirt that has a great club logo on the front!...and says customink.com on the back.

• If you do a lot of clubs/boards/committees, you sorta get used to it. It's par for the course for student organizations over here. 

• a little muffled
    Wear it with a sweater or something over it? I always hate it when I have t-shirts with cool stuff on the back because I rarely wear a t-shirt without something over it outside of summer.

customink

Is it even possible to parse this properly the first time round?

If you do a lot of clubs/boards/committees, you sorta get used to it.

I always try to stick to really 'general' situations (outside of work and that's only resigning yourself as every customer's personal servant for a few minutes anyways) so that might be why I find it so danged abhorrent.

I swear if I ever see another pair of Adidas track pants I will murder a cat or something explode in quiet fury because they combine the entire "wearing a brand on your back" thing and that inane set of three lines that go up and down it. Also they are usually the worst kind of track pants with the basic insular lining in them (maybe this is because I live somewhere warm or whatever so I don't understand their true power).

As for track pants that I do actually like I'm obsessed with the 3/4 length grey wool ones even though I can't really wear them anywhere outside the house (unless it's like a Sunday afternoon or something).