If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

KFC Double Down

edited 2014-01-15 14:24:55 in Meatspace
My arms are falling off!

So I saw a post from a friend in the Philippines eating a KFC Double Down (no longer served in the US, but still is in the PH it seems), and it just reminded me of how much people blew this food item out of proportion.

My short and brutally-honest answer:

IT'S TWO PIECES OF CHICKEN BREAST AND BACON WITH SOME SPREADS, HOLY SHIT. IF IT HAD BREAD BUNS YOU WOULDN'T BE FUCKING COMPLAINING ABOUT IT.

My more sincere elaboration:

I mean really, all you have to do is slap two bread buns around it and it could easily be dismissed as another, non-controversial item on KFC's menu. In fact there's already an item like that on the menu: The Doublicious, which is exactly what I described, though with one less breast filet.

I've seen unhealthier food options for ages. People at In-N-Out eat Double Doubles (cheeseburgers with 2 slices of cheese and 2 patties) with "Animal-Style" fries (fries with cheese, spread, and grilled onions as toppings) all the time, a combination that totals up to what must be over 1,100 calories. (By comparison, the DD is stated to be around 600.) Carl's Jr has a Double Western Cheeseburger with about 1,000 calories, and that's just the sandwich alone. I never see anyone bat an eye over these sort of options.

I think overall, the only reason the DD gets/got any attention was novelty. It's a concept that many people see as strange/unique and thus were in for a shock over.

Comments