If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

SNK being used as an acronym for Shingeki no Kyojin / Attack on Titan rather than Shin Nihon Kikaku

edited 2013-12-23 07:55:51 in Webspace
My arms are falling off!

My social feeds are full of anime fans so whenever people discuss Attack on Titan it's always with the acronym for its Japanese title, "SNK".

I don't even play The King of Fighters, yet this is going to bother me to no end. Honestly why not just use "AoT" since it's far less ambiguous?

Comments

• edited 2013-12-23 09:16:02
    There is love everywhere, I already know

I've only seen SnK, not SNK (there's totally a difference <_<)

Also this is why everyone should just call it ShinKyo.

since it's far less ambiguous?

Really, the fanbases obviously don't overlap so it's not a problem.

• edited 2013-12-23 16:35:48
    My arms are falling off!

I've seen it all-capsed on a regular basis.

It's a problem if you're trying to browse posts related to SNK The Game Developer posts on Tumblr and other social sites with a tagging feature.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I prefer ShinKyo since it's more like what the Japanese speakers would do themselves.  But I prefer "Attack on Titan" over that because I'm speaking English and there is an actual English title to the series.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Attack on Titan to me still sounds like Ewoks fighting on Saturn.

• They're somethin' else.

Yeah, here I am trying to look up stuff about Neo Geo SNK and nope, just a bunch of fujoshi bullshit about Levi and what's his face.

• My arms are falling off!

I guess "SNK Playmore" works? But it would be incorrect for anything made before the merger, plus some websites have been around pre-merger and probably did not update accordingly.

• They're somethin' else.

Yeah. SNK Playmore imo is NOT SNK SNK. but yeah, let's not get into that shiz here.