If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: Being cold.

edited 2013-12-03 14:34:02 in General

I hate being cold, it bugs me no end; I just cannot wait for this fever to mend.  I can't breathe the air in my valley at all; 'cause the federal warning says to wait until Fall

The air's equivalent is second hand smoke, stay inside, stay inside, till the inversion is broke.  I can't see three meters ahead; through the fog that surrounds you from morning to bed.

Negative forty, negative forty, the thermometers claim; in Celsius or Fahrenheit it's just the same.  The airflow from cities brings fogs to my valley, so excuse me if I (cough) can't finish this (cough) except subvocally

Comments

• My arms are falling off!

I honestly can't wait to go to the Philippines this Christmas for this reason. It's been colder than usual here and not only is it extremely uncomfortable but it's also hard on my skin, which develops the consistency of sandpaper around this time of year. (Although hand lotions and shea butter soap have been combating this somewhat.)

Honestly I much prefer temperatures around the 75-85 F range than what we're currently dealing with, which is well out of my comfort range.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I hate skin issues too, though apparently I have more issues with heat than cold.  With cold my skin gets dry but with heat more of my skin gets sweaty and starts getting annoying rashes.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I should have brought two jackets with me last night.

• My arms are falling off!

I usually wear a peacoat with a sweater and T-shirt underneath, while wearing touchscreen-friendly gloves.

Also when at home my Audio Technica ATH-M30 headphones double as earmuffs.