If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Steam emoticons (generated from crafting trading cards)

edited 2013-12-03 11:47:32 in Webspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

This is an example of why they are stupid: http://steamcommunity.com/app/70400/discussions/0/666826703378026814/

Basically, there's no good point to most Steam emoticons.  They're just out-of-place decorative pieces that have little use in a text-based environment like the Steam community discussion boards.

The only one that I can think of that might be vaguely useful is the trading card emoticon (which everyone gets for free I think?), which can indicate you're interested in trading trading cards.  Or just trading cards in general.  Except generally when it comes up, you've already suggested that meaning in the text, or heck, in the thread title and opening post.  So it's still pointless.

I can't think of a good place to use a medpack icon, or a butterfly knife icon, or a character face icon.

Comments