If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Pokemon goes full E-Sports

edited 2013-11-27 02:46:22 in General
They're somethin' else.

Ugh. This can't be good for the competitive scene.

TL;DR, A program for Pokemon in which you can more or less peek at your opponent's stats and what move he's going to use.

Comments

• Oh, it's an unofficial hack.  I was thinking that was a thing they did on purpose.

Doesn't sound like it'd be too difficult to patch.  Just route all battle data through their server if they haven't already, then be really stingy about exposing data to the cart's RAM.

• They're somethin' else.

Yeah. Still. Like, fucking WHY would you want to do that? Are you that much of a pansy that you can't play a legitimate game?

I hope it doesn't bring up a new kind of meta game if GameFreak doesn't make a move.

• a little muffled

> battling on cartridge

• If you have the know-how to hack your cartridge, the main game would probably not be that much of a challenge anyhow.  I find it hard to give many fucks about people hacking their own game as long as the online battles block that shit.

• No rainbow star

^ If they fix it, then this would likely mean that checker that tells you your egg's shiny value will break, too

• Shouldn't.  Shiny is based on internal stats, and it's harder to patch a cartridge than a server.

• No rainbow star

However, to see the values requires trading, iirc