If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My dad is watching Avatar.

BeeBee
edited 2013-11-25 23:37:06 in General

It's not any more watchable when it's on TV for free.

Comments

• Uh, which Avatar?

• The one that's Ferngully with an even flatter villain than Hexxus.

• So, Legend of Korra?

• a little muffled
    I would expect it to be less watchable on TV if anything.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Legend of Korra does have one of the flatter villians ever, I mean, an evil flatworm spirit.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-11-26 16:52:31

Still more interesting than Quaritch.

Quaritch is seriously a duller and less intelligent villain than a ghost flatworm and a giant mildly-sentient mass of toxic shit.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Dull or not, still the coolest part of Avatar. I mean, you know which one.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-11-26 22:15:48

Other than the visuals, Quaritch might actually be the coolest part of the movie by sheer virtue of everything else also being so goddamn idiotic.

Why the hell would you have hand-actuated weapons on your mecha?  Why does it physically fall over when the pilot dies while sitting down in his seat?  What terrible chain of evolution shat out an elephant or whatever with a broad hammerhead shape that actually decreases impact pressure when attacking but is too thin to offer defensive advantage?  Why are you dropping bombs in unsecured crates that can roll backward in the cabin?  Why can your missiles be pulled out by hand?  Why do none of your gunships have ejection?  Why do your archers shoot by holding their arm upside-down, turning the shoulder out, and causing huge shear forces that dislocate your shoulder and demolish your leverage?  Why the hell did you bother hiring a science team if you were just going to ignore them wholesale?  Why the hell did your diplomatic envoy never once mention the resource his people were actually after and starting wars over?

• Why the hell did you bother hiring a science team if you were just going to ignore them wholesale?

IIRC there was something about how the Avatar Program (and to an extent, pretty much the entire reason for the sceince team being there) was a total joke, and they only kept it around to appease some hippie protest groups.