If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJAM: The themes of class disparity in Code Geass

edited 2013-11-24 19:42:12 in General

One of the reasons I think Code Geass is a masterpiece in the league of Shakespeare is because of the overarching theme of class disparity. In a shocking twist, the Japanese, known for being virulently racist IRL, are now the oppressed ones. Characters like Suzaku highlight the tragedy of this scenario. I think the fact that no one looks Japanese actually serves to illustrate that there are no differences between Britannians and Elevens, only meaningless distinctions formed by society.

Comments

• IT'S NOT JUST A CARTOON, DAD

• Judging by her outlandish attire she's some sort of free-thinking anarchist

I wouldn't say virulently racist. I'd say more like... clueless-slightly-out-of-it-grandmother-racist. It doesn't appear to be coming from a place of hate so much as a place of ignorance.