If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Xenoblade Chronicles' Length

edited 2013-11-22 01:58:53 in General

So a while back, I was lucky enough to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles while it was still being distributed by Nintendo. Looking back on it, it's a great game, and while I never got very far on it, I've played enough of it to know that it really is a fantastic experience.

So, now that I'm on Thanksgiving Break, I've decided to take a look at the game again. Holy shit. Seriously, this is probably the biggest game I've ever played in my entire goddamn life. Not just in terms of size, but in terms of content. There are so many sidequests available that I feel absolutely paralyzed by the choices offered and I never end up getting anything done at all. And even if you ignore sidequests, according to howlongtobeat.com, this game takes sixty-nine hours on average to complete the main story. How in the everlasting fuck am I supposed to get anywhere near completing this game?

Comments

• I took about twice as long as I should've to get anything done in that game because DAT MUSIC.

• *checks that site*

Man, I feel slow.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> checks site

Whoa, this is an interesting site.

> Final Fantasy VI

Why are there different entries for the SNES and Advance versions?  Well I guess they technically have different bonus content...

> Metroid takes 12 hours to beat, 17 hours to complete

DANG, that's more than even for Super (7.5 and 8).

> Recettear takes 12.5 hours to beat, 43.5 to beat

Pretty sure it takes well longer than that.

> Chrono Trigger takes 23 to beat, 44.5 to complete

Yeah, see, I don't understand why some people say this is a 12-hour game.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-11-22 16:57:03

My Recettear file is well over 110 hours.  I'm at about 85% completion, if that, and most of what's left is rank 5 fusion and Crystal Nightmare drops.

I guess if you got a perfect and statistically impossible distribution of chest drops you could 100% the game in 40 hours, but...yeah.

• @glenn: The site is done by user surveys, so they might not always be entirely representative of your personal experience.