If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Everything that has gone wrong for me in the past few weeks

edited 2013-10-07 03:00:37 in Meatspace
No rainbow star

I am calming down, although still not going to class tomorrow. Today. Whatever. Because it will take just one tiny thing to set me off again, as I haven't had a SINGLE day to unwind since Thursday. As a note, I am not expecting pity, and hell, some of you will say I deserve some of this. Fine. I can accept that

Let's start from the top

A few weeks ago, I accidentally busted my Android's charge port. No big deal, just back it up on my laptop

Later on, things got worse. My laptop was having internet issues, as usual. One day, I decided some percussive maintainence might work. Hit a LITTLE BIT too hard. And by a little bit I mean I had to call some tech to rescue guys

As a note, I do NOT take well to a lack of tech. At all. I mean, it drives me nuts

Now, I had already gotten an extension on an assignment. One I needed my laptop for (the handouts were good, but they don't go into detail enough for the circuits). And due to no phone, well, I had to hover over my room phone constantly, which meant no chance to go print off a few pages. Kept getting, "Data is easily salvageable! ...It's gone... It's there! Your Hard Drive at least works... HOLY SHIT WE CAN DO A FULL RECOVERY! ...And now not even the hard drive works, sorry"

At least I didn't get charged for the work

So then I spent all of Saturday night trying to get some sort of Ubuntu install working from an external hard drive (gotten during the whole recovery process. Yeah... Bye bye data :<). No luck, plus my head was hurting and tons of party music and I was suffering from sensory overload and ended up with three to four break downs in a row (a Tourette's seizures, some screaming and shouting as my brain was overloading, several sobbing fits)

The next day (Sunday)

I go to buy a new hard drive. C Train is closed for several stations and the bus stops for no reason on the shuttle replacement and the train during the running portions stops suddenly. When it has a clear straight away. Yeah. So it takes 2 to 3 hours to get a hard drive and some discs

Go to install hard drive. Dormmates with Windows 7 install aren't there. So go to Acad to install Ubuntu on CDs so I can at least start looking for drivers. The CDs are 8 MBs too small (LOTS of small things like that happened, and they added up). So try Damn Small Linux. Get back. It doesn't work. Unplug phone to try good ol' dialup. No luck and now phone is non functional (I have no idea HOW, but there ya go). Dormmates try to help by getting some drivers and failing (I had to borrow one of their laptops to eventually find the driver). The drivers were an ass to find (Turns out you have to be VERY roundabout, as directly trying to get drivers instead gets you a program... That searches for the drivers on the internet. Oh and it charges you)

Downstairs, one thing after another going wrong, I ask for phone repairs. Not for 24 hours. This ends up causing me to flip again... Onto the floor where my Tourette's causes me to smash my head multiple times on the hard tiles (still a little bit woozy). Eventually, the Laptop is up, and now I get to work on slowly rebuilding this bastard

TL;DR: Bad Temper + Lack of Backups + Pure bad luck + LOTS of little things going wrong = In my top five shitty weeks ever

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh gosh.  That sounds horrible.  And I thought I had an annoying couple weeks between an exam and a late assignment and an event I had to leave early to get to the exam and a flat tire and a water spill / furniture accident.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I've had a couple of very similar things happening not long ago, so I can relate.

• No rainbow star

At least my prof was understanding. Didn't have to show up for class today. Ended up sleeping 10 hours straight. Still tired

• Mental tiredness is different from physical tiredness in that actual sleep won't do much in the long run. The only thing that will ease your mind is getting your affairs in order. I hope you do okay, you make my study-six-hours-before-midterm sound like a field trip.

• No rainbow star

I did get my affairs in order. it took until around 4:30-5:00 AM thought. However, all those meltdowns still got to me

Physical, emotional, and mental exhaustion

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I haven't slept for 8 hours straight for a week now.  Six hours, maybe.

If I were a D&D mage I still wouldn't have my spells back yet.  Or something like that.

• No rainbow star

Ouch