If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: the article on "fan loyalty" on Wikipedia is mostly about sports fans

edited 2013-09-29 11:02:15 in General
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_loyalty

I was hoping to be able to get some more insight into fan loyalty to works and series of creative entertainment, or to their creators or publishers.  Like, what influences how long people usually stay fans of something, or how strongly they feel they are a fan of that.  Oh well, at least sports team fan loyalty research offers some insights.

Comments

• edited 2013-09-29 11:41:31

I'm guessing sports fans are more significant, considering they've done things like rioting, so naturally there will be more studies.

That article does seem to have the issue of overly-limited scope, though. Interestingly, the article was actually rewritten from "bandwagon fan", so it was like, even worse in that regard.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Hm, interesting. It's TVT that's supposed to pay no heed to notability, yet I've been finding Wikipedia as the sort of place where I can get info on weirdest kinds of shit. Like, you wouldn't expect to learn of Pokemon episodes or crazy theories born on the fringes of 'Net from Britannica. So, this focus on sport is a bit of a surprise to me too.