If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

George Takei's blog

edited 2013-08-12 12:34:07 in Webspace

Am I the only one who cringes whenever he uses "meme" or "troll" in a sentence?

I mean, it brings to mind images of a seventy-something Asian dude discussing "hip memes" with your average pre-pubescent redditors. 

Comments

• Judging by her outlandish attire she's some sort of free-thinking anarchist

I like it when proper adults use those words correctly. But then, I almost always like proper adults more than young people anyway. Seriously, fuck us, we suck.

• I don't mind Takei doing it.  He tends to use the words correctly.

• That's ageism. Epik maymay usage of the 9gag equivalent is annoying regardless of origin.

• Takei's sometimes a bit too lowest-common-denominator-nerd-ish for my tastes but I'm willing to forgive worse from someone who was in the original Star Trek.

• Judging by her outlandish attire she's some sort of free-thinking anarchist

Especially when they had a shirtless fencing scene. Goddamn.

• Watched that scene. 

Meh, he's never really struck me as the Leonardo DiCaprio/Taylor Lautner type.