If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJAM: little hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurants that...

edited 2013-08-10 22:13:12 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

...serve good food in generous portions for modest prices.  Bonus points if the serving staff are very good-natured and polite.

Just had dinner at one.  It was nothing fancy-looking.  There wasn't even Chinese text on the menus.  The "chow mein" they offered was the "American" kind -- i.e. not "stir-fried noodles" but just some mix of veggies and your choice of protein.  (It's "lo mein" that actually has noodles, as far as these very "Americanized" Chinese restaurants go.)  The table wasn't quite level, and a couple window blinds were broken.

But my parents and I felt welcome.  The owners were really nice people.  Their prices were decent -- $7.25 (or so) for a combo platter with spring roll (made in house), a decent helping of roast pork fried rice, and your choice of entree.  And the pork lo mein wasn't actually all that overseasoned, and was pretty tasty.  They even served a bowl of fried noodles as a free appetizer, and didn't charge for tea.

instead of live bobcat, restaurant served good food well at good prices.  would eat again