If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The internet is real life

edited 2013-08-03 20:09:06 in General

Being friends with multiple nazis online is not better than being friends with them IRL.

Comments

• whywouldyoudothat.jpg

• Wait, people have actually used this argument? "I'm friends with nazis, but it's ok because it's just online?"

• Beats me, I think I could associate with people of almost any political bent provided they can keep their ineffectual basketcase opinions to themselves. In contrast, anyone who tries to determine for me what friends I should keep(beyond the perfectly valid 'don't mention the person/don't invite me if the person is also going') is quickly given the slow fade.

• I think the general idea is that internet association isn't as strong as the "Real Life" one, so being in the same WOW guild as some Russian homophobe isn't the same as hanging out with them in other venues.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

There's also different degrees of socializing.  There's a difference between "best friends" and "yeah, we've met before".

• Nuance of opinion also counts. I'd sooner put up with one of those HBD 'racial realists' than a more blatant 'hurr mudslimes r stealing muh country' knucklehead, simply because the latter is much more obnoxious.

Besides, if you have the luxury of falling into whatever category your friend considers 'master race', it's worth a shot trying to change the person's views if the company is worth it otherwise.