If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The music video for AKB48's "Heavy Rotation"

edited 2013-07-26 00:53:54 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

The song itself is pretty decent.  Nice and melodious and catchy.

But the music video features the singers having a pillowfight while wearing underwear.

why

Comments

• Judging by her outlandish attire she's some sort of free-thinking anarchist

Because periphery demographic.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

it's a pillowfight with girls in underwear, it's not rocket science.

• Do the lyrics describe sleep, underwear, or pillows in any way?
  • edited 2013-07-26 02:57:56
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think it's just generic love song lyrics.

Well, except for the words "heavy rotation".  I have no idea what that has to do with the generic love song lyrics.  If this is a secretly about playing TF2 with one's romantic interest, I would like confirmation.

• edited 2013-07-26 07:31:31
    There is love everywhere, I already know

But the music video features the singers having a pillowfight while wearing underwear.

Because idols?

I prefer PVs like RIVER's and Aitakatta because syncronized dancing

Do the lyrics describe sleep, underwear, or pillows in any way?

Nope.

IIRC Heavy Rotations lyrics involve someone's heart beating so hard it sounds like popcorn, people's hearts bursting into bloom and listening to a song way too much.

Because periphery demographic.

Primary demographic for idols is otaku.

• edited 2013-07-26 19:09:58
    Judging by her outlandish attire she's some sort of free-thinking anarchist

Primary demographic for idols is otaku.

Really? I thought they just spent more money on it than the little girls the industry is actually trying to entice, so they get pandered to even as everyone rolls their eyes at them.

• edited 2013-07-27 01:02:33

Well, they're primary demographic along with teenage girls, but they definitely have more focus. AKB48 singles tend to sell millions because they have handshake event tickets (Funny story: Japanese eBay will usually have super-discounted copies of AKB48 albums a week or so after release because everybody already has the songs they like from the singles and the handshake event ticket from that album has been used) and teenage girls almost never attend those.

Male idols (EXILE, Johnny's etc) on the other hand are definitely teenage girls (and surprisingly enough, middle aged women).

Of course the primary demographic for idols might just be every Japanese person ever since they tend to show up everywhere <_<

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I hear that iDOLM@STER's primary fanbase in Japan is male but has more female than male fans abroad.

• Honestly, in this post-Twilight, post-50 Shades of Grey world, it really shouldn't be that surprising that middle-aged women are interested in hot guys.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

But half of Johnny's groups are underaged (May I introduce you to Sexy Zone).

• Does Gackt still matter?  I remember when I was in middle school and I had a classmate obsessed with Gackt.

• Judging by her outlandish attire she's some sort of free-thinking anarchist

He still matters to me. I don't even like his music that much, I just find him to be the perfect talk show guest.

Well, it's hard to judge VisKei by single/album sales that Oricon provides since it's possibly more popular outside of Japan, but his last couple of singles all did worse than newcomer anison singer LiSA's non-anime single best day, best way, and one of those was even drama related, Sengoku Basara drama related.

In terms of outside of Japan sales, Gackt has definitely given way to people like VERSAILLES and surprisingly, that one guy he used to be in a band with whose name escapes me.

As for talkshow hosts and CM people; Tomochin all the way.

• edited 2013-08-01 06:15:11

In terms of outside of Japan sales, Gackt has definitely given way to people like VERSAILLES and surprisingly, that one guy he used to be in a band with whose name escapes me.

You mean Miyavi? Nnf, why must someone so delicious and so talented be so married?

• Solstace isn't ma...well, actually, he's taken now.  Sorry.

You mean Miyavi?

Miyavi is the new band, IIRC

• edited 2013-08-01 21:51:41

Miyavi is a guy. If it's some band of his you're thinking of, you might still be right.

• edited 2013-08-02 07:35:02

Ah, I meant Miyavi was in the new band with Gackt. Gackt's old band is Malice Mizer, I think.