If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Traffic signs that cry wolf

edited 2013-07-10 23:10:59 in Meatspace

Roadwork crews, at least where I live, seem to have an unfortunate tendency to leave their temporary signs up even when no work is going on.

It seems dangerous, honestly, because you start training yourself to ignore signs. I can't count how many times I've driven past "FLAGGER AHEAD" signs left out when there's no flagger on duty...it's to the point where I'm always taken by surprise when I do encounter a flagger.

Comments

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-07-11 00:03:55

A lot of places around here leave road work signs up months or even years after said work is done.  Then again, they've also been known to leave a half-finished job and just not work on it for months or years at a time.  The intersection leading to Gateway Mall took three years in a heavily-trafficked area just to expand by one lane and stick a median where it wouldn't really help anything, and I never once saw anybody actually working on it.