If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The ultimate get out of jail free card

edited 2013-06-23 15:09:45 in General

Something occurred to me regarding the last posting. I got a few hate mails from people about autism; and this usually took the form of complaints about my insensitivity to their (the autistic email writer’s) hard life, or in general those with autism and their suffering.

So, a few things first — though they lead into the actual topic of this entry: suffering is pretty much what the entire world shares. You cant stand and look around in all directions, no matter where you are, and not see suffering. Secondly, this is the province of *hurt feelings*. Unless I had an out of body experience, I didnt rape anyone, beat up anyone’s children, burn down anyone’s house, drop napalm on any wedding parties, or trigger hellfire missiles at anyone’s village, nor did I cheat anyone, steal anything from anyone, torture anyone’s pet kitten, or even tease anyone’s Cocker Spaniel. Nor was I making fun of anyone. I wrote a fucking blog entry — and discussed the topic of autism and culture.

When I was young my parents, in rapid succession, were told I was a genius (or advanced learner or something….) and a sociopath. I suspect more emphasis on the latter. We are all suffering various conditions and life is hard, and despair lurks behind every door it often seems. Partly this is why humans create. And tell each other stories. And paint and dance. Growing up –especially under advanced capital, or in nations under the boot heel of Imperialist capital, is always a progress through madness and pain. That said, I often wonder, if psychically, the rich don’t really suffer more, or simply live in a state of greater anxiety. The point is, the very act of bringing up one’s “hurt feelings” for public display is just this side of grotesque, and additionally, the demand for apology in this society is pathological —- firstly because its never accepted, and secondly, because it is never, and can never, be sincere.

Comments

• Butthurt breeds butthurt, conjecture breeds conjecture: both don't occur without free time and an audience, which isn't exclusive to the rich. Butthurt folks on the internet don't want respect, or acknowledgement, or some nebulous concept of understanding: their warped concept of empathy is you suffering the same pain as them, because that's the only way you can ever get an inkling of how they feel. Don't get offended by them getting offended, it's what they would want.

• Being is suffering enough. 

But yeah, it's entirely possible that the more well-off have more to lose.

Also, I dunno. If someone apologized for saying something dumb, I'd definitely accept it.

• Context: This was written by a man who said autistic people were a symptom of cultural decline.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

You showed me that blog entry.

This guys is astonishingly entitled and self-involved. Really, life sucks and society makes life suck, so you are not allowed to be upset that I demeaned your suffering? That is incredibly narcissistic.

• ^^ Wait, how does that even work? I'm pretty sure autism is due to genetic/biological factors.

• Clearly the culture has declined so that we don't shoot these people on sight so it doesn't spread.

Or something.

• edited 2013-06-24 01:33:30

Unless it's nsfw, can you show me a link to this blog post in question?

• edited 2013-06-24 02:24:59

@Myrmidon: Just to be clear, this is a blog post you wrote, correct?

• Context: This was written by a man who said autistic people were a symptom of cultural decline.

Was starting to worry about you for a second there.

• >simple backgrounds/simple plots in animu

>analysis of cultural hegemony of whitey-as-default without discussing mukoseki

>taking self-diagnosed autists as representative

This is so superficial and meandering as to be practically meaningless. It sounds like a simulacrum of philosophy.

• now, as per autism, I hope to write more about it. You know, I actually had multiple diagnoses of learning disorders as a youth….along with sociopath. Thats all true. I think smart people tend to be diagnosed as aberrant to the mainstream. Testing for IQ, for personality disorders or learning disorders….the role of authority is very significant in all this stuff, as it is when people take the SATs and whatnot. This is the learning of HOW to take tests…..but its more, its learning how to read what institutional authority wants.. Some people cant capitulate to the system in the sense sometimes they know the*right* answer but wont use it. WHen i was diagnosed as sociopathic it was because of a refusal to show remorse. I dont see any of these designations as containing hierarchical value — its simply a process of adjustment and/or non adjustment. And thomas szasz was a great critic of modern psychology, and you can go back to Laing of course, too. As i said in the following posting, everyone suffers. So, yeah, I think the more pathological trait is to troll various sites attacking people you dont know. Cyber stalking is something that will no doubt escalate…..even beyond what it is today-. This sense of the sociality of media platforms……from fb to twitter, etc……these create, I think, strange delusional points of anger……its like a lens to concentrate feelings of powerlessness and hopelessness and rage. So…..no, i didnt call any one nigger kike fag etc. This sort of points to poor Seppio’s delusions. Again…..if people want to discuss my reading of these things, they are welcome to do so. But being bullied into answering a troll doesnt register high on my fun-time scale. Best to you always, onward.

• edited 2013-06-26 11:40:05

^ Where's that quoted from?

On another note: reading your posts is damn confusing without some sort of marker to distinguish between stuff you quoted and stuff you actually wrote. At least when I'm too tired to notice certain things.