If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Rain, Rain, Go Away... No, seriously, fuck off, you're flooding us

edited 2013-06-21 01:26:29 in Meatspace
No rainbow star
Just heard Calgary is having areas evacyated because of the flooding. Heck, on the way home I saw a few huge logs that were more like whole trees being swept downstream

This is getting fucking ridiculous. I love rain, but Alberta cities are NOT built for rain of this quantity

Comments

• No rainbow star
    100k people are being evacuated. Calgary is literally being decimated by this weather by the sounds of it
  • edited 2013-06-21 04:29:44

As someone living in an area that's had major floods, I can sorta get what you're saying here. Can you get out of the area if necessary? Getting trapped by the flood can be pretty bad if it goes on, even if your house/apartment/whatever is itself safe.

• edited 2013-06-21 08:37:17
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I was getting suspicious; we've been having incredibly pleasant weather here in the DC area for the past week.

Turns out crazy shit is happening in Alberta (extreme precipitation) as well as Alaska -- a heat wave with temperatures reaching into the high 90s (Fahrenheit).  And wildfires are kicking up in Arizona.

• No rainbow star
    ^^ The house I live is in airdrie, up a hill, and has easy access to the highway (we can literally go uphill to it the whole way), so if, god forbid, water got that high, we can easily evacuate

^ DC has normal weather? That may be the craziest out of it all
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I hear that the U.S. Congress finally did something about the soil and hydrology to deal with the dust storms during the Dust Bowl, when a dust storm hit DC.

Good weather in DC is probably not a good sign for anything to get done.

• The rain is actually starting to piss me off now. Downtown Calgary looks like a clogged sink.

• No rainbow star
    If Calgary can just get a few solid weeks of bright, sunny weather...