If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When copying text from webpages they often insert hidden links

edited 2013-06-12 15:11:56 in Tech
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

For example, I just copied this text:

Of course, it's not the first time Mattrick has had that problem; discussing the Xbox One's lack of compatibility with Xbox 360 games last month, he made a big splash when he said, "If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards."

But when I pasted, I got this text:

Of course, it's not the first time Mattrick has had that problem; discussing the Xbox One's lack of compatibility with Xbox 360 games last month, he made a big splash when he said, "If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards."

Read more at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124891-Microsoft-Exec-Offline-Gamers-Should-Stick-With-Xbox-360#hitw5XazqvborGit.99

Comments

• CTRL+SHIFT+T is your friend.

• In principle I don't mind it--makes things easier to credit to the writers who deserve it, and might remind people who weren't going to to do so.

In practice I always delete it.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Yeah, this sort of thing does make a lot of sense from a business perspective — if people are copying text from a publisher's website to put it on another website, the publisher would want to try and ensure that the copied text is properly sourced.

• I try to add a source to things I quote anyway, so this doesn't really change anything. I don't like the "read more at" part, though. I'd rather choose my own wording.