If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Father names child "Adolf Hitler" and complains that custody of children is taken away

edited 2013-06-05 06:54:12 in Meatspace

This almost makes a believable Onion piece. Almost since it veers toward absatively ridiculous more than it does toward satirical.

A New Jersey Nazi lover marched into a New Jersey courthouse wearing a full Third Reich uniform Monday in a bid to obtain visitation rights for his son.

Heath Campbell, who named his first son “Adolf Hitler” and had all four of his children taken away from him by Garden State authorities, insists he is a good father — despite his reverence for the man behind the Holocaust.

“I want my children back,” Campbell told the Daily News.

The dad's outfit apparently includes medals and stuff, too. Someone on another forum pointed out that there's something wrong with wearing medals you didn't earn, even if they're Nazi medals.

The outfit is an authentic Nazi uniform from World War II and features medals, knee-high boots and an armband like “the one that Hitler used to wear,” said Campbell, who has swastika tattoos on his arms and neck.

Also,

Campbell said he doesn’t have a job, but he claims he can provide for his young children, ages 7, 6, 5 and 18 months. He was in court Monday seeking permission to see his youngest child, Hons Heinrich, who was less than a day old when the state took him away.

“I have a house and stuff — everything they would need,” said Campbell, who denies the Holocaust but believes Hitler was right to target Jewish people. “Their rooms are already set up.

He's unemployed, a holocaust denialist, and names one of his kids Hitler. No way a court would let him take care of the kids.

Funny thing is, he apparently named his kid that because "no one else in the world would have [it]". I guess he hasn't heard of Adolf Lu Hitle Marak from India. That guy lives in a place with allegedly lots of weirdly-named politicians like "Frankenstein Momin".

This is kinda hilarious, in a somewhat discomforting way.

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I'm not against giving children somewhat unusual names, but there's a unique name and then there's setting them up for misery. Oh, and all the Nazi stuff. Yeah, the USA has enough child indoctrination problems as is. 

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

This reminds me how a couple of years ago I heard of anti-Chavez protester, who went by the name Stalin. Apparently naming your kids "Stalin", "Lenin", "Krupskaya" isn't uncommon in South America. We've got some folks in the right place, so I wonder what they can say.

Also:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01574/hitler-shop-3_1574470a.jpg 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Also keep in mind the swastika has positive religious connotations that are completely separate from anything the Nazis stood for.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    In Spain is illegal to name your kid Judas or Cain
  • edited 2013-06-05 14:39:09

@ Hitler shop: can't help but wonder if they're competing against a Frankenstein shop. Also,

Hitler was a nickname given to my business partner Manish Chandani’s grandfather because of his strict nature. Frankly, till the time we applied for the trademark permission, I had only heard that Hitler was a strict man. It was only recently that we read about Hitler on the internet.

Seriously? I feel like typing out "*facepalm*" except that I don't like the idea of writing like that on messageboards...

but it looks like I just did.

But seriously though, surely spending a few minutes on the internet would be nothing if you've already spent time and money into setting up the shop.

As for the main topic, I wonder if the guy doesn't have a job specifically because people are uncomfortable with hiring somebody crazy enough to name their kid Hitler.

• Wait...Campbell.

Is this the guy that Safeway refused to write Adolf Hitler on a birthday cake, so Wal-Mart did it for him?

• According to my short amount of research, yes it is. 

• a little muffled

The article in the OP mentions it.

The 40-year-old Third Reich admirer — who first came under scrutiny in 2008 when a supermarket refused to write “Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler” on a cake for his son — said he wore his Nazi garb to Hunterdon County Family Court because he feels “comfortable” in the bizarre attire.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    If it's the same guy I'm thinking one of his daughters is called Aryan Nation
  • edited 2013-06-05 15:36:38
    a little muffled

I think it's just her middle name.

Edit: Yeah.

Adolf has two sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Also keep in mind the swastika has positive religious connotations that are completely separate from anything the Nazis stood for.

What does that have to do with this situation?

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Nothing, but it was a reference to the Hitler shop.

• edited 2013-06-05 15:57:50

Yeah, GMH was commenting on the "Hitler store" picture lrdgck posted, which also included a swastika.

And wow, I hope the kids can get name changes or something.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-06-05 16:09:25

I can see how someone in India who doesn't know Western history can look at Hitler, see the swastika, and think "oh he must've been some Hindu/Buddhist guy".

Stern guy, not to be messed with, doesn't take shit from anyone, and he even takes an ancient Hindu symbol as his own! Sounds like a swell guy.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    He also was a great artist and vegetarian and even had a dog!

What a cool guy, not like that drunkard Churchill
  • Buddhists worship the Manji, the reverse of the Swastika.

I read, once upon a time, that Hitler's swastika is actually a foreboding symbol. It's a mirror image of the "good" swastika, implying it stands for pretty much the reverse of the "good" one. Given how much early Nazism had to do with occultist shit, this is downright creepy. 

• Actually there were many occasions when they used both, not to mention the fact that pretty much everybody before World War II used both left- as well as right-facing swastikas.

• What a cool guy, not like that drunkard Churchill

Speaking of India, let's see what they think about Churchill...

• You humans and your names, it's so much easier to reference you as serial numbers, and less awkward in this case.

That you still revere the archaic concept behind a series of letters denoting your identification is just another indicator of how better I am at computed reasoning than all of you combined.