If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I thought Waterfox was supposed to run better than Firefox

edited 2013-05-10 10:34:41 in Tech
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I mean, I have a 64-bit Windows system and Waterfox is a natively 64-bit program, while Firefox is 32-bit.

Yet, just after starting up both programs, Firefox (version 12) is using less RAM than Waterfox (version 18).

Maybe "better" was supposed to mean "faster" rather than "using less memory"?  Or maybe it's because Waterfox is a later version that has more features and thus runs more intensely?

Comments

• I could go into why this occurs but a 64 bit program will tend to use more ram than a 32 bit version of the same program. In return a 64 bit program should be faster and will be able to use more than 2 gb of memory with out any hacks. Looking at the webpage for it, it looks like they have done some speed optimizations on the firefox code base for speed which also could account for the memory increase. 

• No rainbow star
    Wait WaterFox?

What?
  • ^ A fork of Firefox

Also I would like to try out Waterfox but it likes to crash way too often on my machine.