If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

ITT: Words that you don't like the sound of

edited 2013-05-01 22:47:00 in Wonderful posts
Has friends besides tanks now

Some of mine are "chuckle," "yummy," "irk," "ajar," and "slurp." I'm sure I'll come up with more over time.

Which words don't you like?

Comments

• [insert How I Met Your Mother clip about the word "moist" here]

(okay, I don't really hate the word "moist", but I can't be the only one who thought of that)

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

"Beast" as an adjective, because every brodude at my high school called anything cool "totally beast" and it got annoying fast. It was like "epic" for non-nerds.

And for that matter, epic too.

• edited 2013-05-01 22:58:05

Ooh, ooh, "hella" as an adjective. Though I don't really mind it as an adverb, or when describing Hella Jeff.

• "Feels" is a dirty cocksucker of a word. And I don't know where "ebin" came from, but it needs to go right back.
  • A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Most of the instances in which I see "ebin" are ironic and made as references to Spurdo Spärde.

If you have an objection to the Spurdo fad as a whole, however, then yeah, I can see why you'd want it out.

• edited 2013-05-01 23:43:58
    I have no idea what Spurdo Sparde is, I just find the word "ebin" insufferable. Every time I see it, it's coming from someone I don't like. >:(
  • Has friends besides tanks now

But the only person I've ever seen use the word "ebin" is nick, and I like nick. :(

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

"taper"

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

fag at the end of a word to describe that kind of person. Drawfag, etc.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

My highschool class was in general agreement that the worst phrase in the English language is "moist snot."

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Dude, I could have gone my entire life without realising that "moist snot" is an actual combination of words that makes sense...

• edited 2013-05-02 00:40:57

Eurgh. Not just the unpleasantness of the words separately, but the way they sound together, and the image they evoke . . . yeah, that's pretty bad.

But there has to be something worse in the English language.

• You can change. You can.

moist shit?

• edited 2013-05-02 00:48:20

Actually not as bad. That one's at least closer to being funny if you're into that sort of humor, and doesn't sound as bad.

Moist jizz?

Whatever The Worst Phrase is, it's gotta be moist.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

moist phlegm.

• a little muffled
    Moist moist
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Moist von Lipwig

• Moist von Lipwig

You're slime. You filth. I'm gonna take you apart. I'm gonna rip your fucking eyes out.

I'm gonna tear you open and chew out your fuckin' heart.

that's really gross sounding dude
  • > moistily moist moist of moisture

I called it first. *points to second post of thread*

• You can change. You can.

To be fair, the word moist being hated is not exactly a HIMYM thing

• edited 2013-05-02 03:38:56
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

that's really gross sounding dude

You can blame Terry Pratchett!

• You're still gonna have your eyes ripped out. In a cave! With a box of swords!

Because being figuratively blinded by the sword just isn't gonna cut it anymore.

• edited 2013-05-02 08:14:23
    Kichigai birthday!!
    Squee. Huggles. Glomp. Anime when used to talk about a character. The english pronunciation of karaoke.
  • edited 2013-05-02 09:04:35

On a similar note, animes.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I just liked saying it because Omnipresent would correct me on it every time.