If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

MPC Problems

edited 2011-03-30 16:29:39 in IJBM meta
☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
So apparently I gave in to the logic that MPC > VLC and I should install it instead.

After installing it and using it I realised it has a couple of annoying problems.

1. It automatically goes to fullscreen.

2. No options pop up such as the tracker bar which allows you to skip certain parts, an X button or minimize button (have to Alt+F4 out) and the options are inaccessible.

3. Installed CCCP and it plays almost no differently than VLC, except for the fact that when VLC finishes a video that it hangs out in the back processes and refuses to open until you TaskMgr it into shutting down, then again this is the reason I wanted to switch.

Comments

• edited 2011-03-30 16:42:25
    1.  No it doesn't.  Or at any rate, there's probably a setting for it.  Since it doesn't do that for me.

2.  Um... yes there is all that stuff?  Mouse over the bottom part of a video while it's in full screen.  Or, if it's not, then that stuff should be there already.  Though, there's no minimize or close button when you're in fullscreen.  But you can just double-click to switch between windowed and fullscreen anyway.  Oh, and right-click brings up all the options.

3.  MPC is better at displaying subtitles, and doesn't break when you're watching a Matroska video that uses ordered chapters.  And other differences, but those are the two that I see people mention most often.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...I don't have either of the first two issues.

On the other hand, MPC takes control of my volume hotkeys, to change its own program volume rather than the overall system volume.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    1. Um, yes it does. It does that to me.

2. The menus don't pop up at the bottom when I mouse over. Double click only pauses the video and plays it again. Right click doesn't bring anything up.

3. Ordered chapters?
  • Well, then that's strange.  I dunno why it doesn't work for you.

And ordered chapters are when a video uses a different file as a chapter.  It's usually used for things like anime OPs and EDs, where it's the same every episode, to reduce the total file size of a series.
    Okay, I opened up my options.

In the Playback part, I went to fullscreen and here's this.
    I think I am going to uninstall MPC and CCCP and reinstall both of them.
  • «On the other hand, MPC takes control of my volume hotkeys, to change its own program volume rather than the overall system volume.»
    This is the only thing that annoys me about MPC.
  • It doesn't do that for me, oddly.  It's odd because I checked MPC's hotkey thing and it does say that the volume up and down keys change the program's volume setting.  But... it doesn't actually happen that way.
  • edited 2011-03-30 17:49:17
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ^^ Yeah, pretty much.

Well, actually, the other thing that annoys me is that the controls bar is at the bottom of the screen.  If I have a two-screen setup with my big screen on top of my little but main screen, then it takes some very fast fingerwork (or using Ctrl+Enter) to fullscreen something on one screen but return the cursor onto the other.

^ Oh, there's a setting for that?  *goes to check*
  • a little muffled
    @Ponicalica: Me too.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Okay, my Player -> Keys list shows that Volume Up is linked to VK_UP and Volume Down is linked to VK_DOWN and Volume Mute is linked to Ctrl+M.

Are these the things I should change?
  • This is why I use KMPlayer.

I found the problem. I had a conflicting...thing. I disabled it when I reinstalled MPC and now it works like how DYRE said.