If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

These things I made out of tape

edited 2013-04-28 13:38:04 in Meatspace

When I was a bit younger, my brothers and I would make a little imaginary show while playing with our toys. Sometimes (Well, all the time) our toys would break and we'd be shit out of luck because our parents, who we're working insanely hard to obtain legal citizenship here in the good 'ole US, didn't really have the money to spare to buy us new ones all the time.  

Rather than cancel the show because Hulk's leg fell off or something, I'd just kinda tape it back on. After a while, I got pretty handy with tape, and just decided to try making toys out of things I found laying around the place. It turned out okay, I guess. Anyway, after a recent move, I found a bunch of them and thought I'd post pictures.

igqYeJr.jpg   S7dLTIc.jpg   cFvAmr2l.jpg   0D9XKJDl.jpg?1

Comments

• Kichigai birthday!!
    The second one is pretty good. I wish I was that creative as a kid.
  • Is that a fingerboard in the third picture?

#whydoineedtoknowthis

• Yes, it is. Oh, and it's a good thing you posted, reminds me that there's also some Ultraman/Godzilla/Miscellaneous Kaijj ones.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Those are really cool. You could put them in a gallery, even, especially as they're really unique examples of both artwork and child artwork. 

• edited 2013-04-29 00:05:23

Yes, it is. Oh, and it's a good thing you posted, reminds me that there's also some Ultraman/Godzilla/Miscellaneous Kaijj ones.

I am genuinely amazed. Somebody on this board besides me brought up the topic of toys and Ultraman.

Where have you been all my life?

By the way, what size of toys/figures are Fingerboards generally good for? Not like I have any characters that need a skateboard, but they might come in handy.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

pitch it to Hasbro.

call them Tapemen.

• @Alex: Thank you. 

@Haas: Fingerboards are pretty good for toys/figures six inches and under. Those Revoltech figures are great with them.

@Lazuli: THEY'RE ALREADY CALLED TAPEMEN, HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?

• edited 2013-04-30 05:01:46

Well, I don't have any Revoltech figures, in part since I hear that the entire concept is kinda dumb. Because the joints are based on a clicking gear system, they either only click when they're juuuuust a little too far forward, or a teensy bit too far back compared to where you actually need them to stay. Thankfully, any characters I really need either don't have Revoltech figures, or there are alternatives.

/t.toyexpert

Hmm, maybe if I get a new 6-inch Spider-man, I can give him a skateboard. (I might still have one from the first Raimi film lying around somewhere, but the thing must be reeeeally worn out after so long) I kinda regret not buying the Miles Morales Spidey, honestly.

• a little muffled
    Would you say the design is revolting?
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

You're not Glenn! 

• edited 2013-04-30 15:40:55

^^ Oh hey, I saw pretty much the same comment on David Willis' blog.

^ omigosh, glenn is that trianglendrusi guy! (his name usually starts with a triangle instead of an A)