If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The 'sex differences regarding economics' thread being locked

edited 2011-03-30 15:37:01 in IJBM meta
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=13015103320A40598700&page=1

And I was enjoying a hearty mid-day argument too.

Who reported this thread, or did blackcat just swoop in?

I've noticed that blackcat seems a bit overzealous compared to the other mods.

Comments

• edited 2011-03-30 15:40:16
    When will people learn not to argue with Rotty?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I am going to pm blackcat now and tell her that everyone calmed down now.
  • edited 2011-03-30 15:42:11
    I think you underestimate the tenacity of the OTC regulars, Vorpster.
    Hey, that means we get a few more posts to read before it's locked again.
    I sent the pm.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...somehow I doubt that will work.
  • What was anyone even doing badly in that thread? I am honestly puzzled. Everything seemed civil and rather calm, especially considering it was Rott and Karalora arguing about the place of women in society.
    It's because blackcat doesn't know who Rotty is.
  • Isn't it the moderators' jobs to know whats going on in their forum?
  • edited 2011-03-31 14:33:30
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Update:

Bobby sent me a PM saying that he and blackcat apparently didn't like my mention of rape in my reply to Rotty, wherein I said that he should go impregnate some women as that would be his "natural duty" as a male human and mammal, since he was arguing that female human mammals have a "natural duty" to bear and care for children.  Bobby objected to my implication, even if hypothetical and in the course of Socratic irony (i.e. positting something in the course of an argument), that Rotty should go impregnate some women without their consent.

I've since edited my post, and according to PM with Bobby, he seems satisfied.  I don't know if they've reopened the thread.  I don't really care much anymore, since I have a bunch of things that I need to do at the moment anyway.
  • Well, on the plus side, you didn't get banned for it. So at least we can approximate where rape is on the scale as opposed to entrail-double-dutch.