If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Mewtwo has a new Japanese voice actor

edited 2013-04-18 02:32:33 in Media
No rainbow star

Why does this bother me?

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v17375187ccSZyRC8 This is Mewtwo's old Japanese voice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rTyPZGdEyyc#t=39s This is Mewtwo's new Japanese voice

That's such a drastic change that it must be a second Mewtwo (either that or Pokemon is tackling gender identity in a movie, but I highly doubt that)

And what's more, this means no Dan Green voiced Mewtwo, most likely

It just really boggles the brain. Either they A) forgot what Mewtwo sounded like, B) introduced a new Mewtwo, or C) are pulling off something that is just... guh

Comments

• Didn't the old one die?

• No rainbow star

^ I don't know, but all the same, how hard is it to find an actor with a similar voice to the original? Or at least remotely in the ball park?

It just honestly bugs me. I don't know if they just did a BAD job at selecting a voice actor or if they are doing something that is pretty out of the blue with his character

• No rainbow star

Oh you mean Mewtwo?

No, Mewtwo never died

• No, I meant the voice actor, as I recall the original one died. I might be wrong, though.

• No rainbow star

Nope, he's apparently still alive and working

• And even if the Japanese one did, DAN GREEN does not die.  He waits.

• No rainbow star

^ However, the choice in voice actor is... If it was another guy with a voice at least somewhat similar, that's one thing, but the voice is entirely different

And I don't think Dan Green could pull off a female voice

• DAN GREEN could pull off a woman.  A MANLY woman.

• ^ Okay, I'd love to hear/see that in an anime.