If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM reading histories of philosophy

edited 2013-04-16 16:20:31 in General

And hearing about a bunch of interesting-sounding Germans who, for whatever reason, have never been translated into English.

Schleiermacher and Schelling's essays :(

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I once read of a philosopher who would be pretty much unknown if not for the fact his student has been elected pope.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

^ Do you remember his name, or at least which pope he taught?

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Roman Ingarden IIRC, and John Paul "Jaypeetoo" II. Apparently he had a number of ideas, from which only the writings on aesthetics got to the West.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Unrelated, but

I found a Facebook page that Myrmidon would fucking love...

...if he could understand Serbian. :(

Luckily I can get the point of many of them. Mario's Eternal Return, heh heh.

BTW:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/9/90/Analytic-continental.jpg