If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

What is your favourite episode from a TV show?

edited 2013-04-15 09:01:59 in Media
If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

And you're only allowed to pick one!

For me, it would be My Screw Up, from Scrubs.

What's yours?

Comments

• Love and Monsters.

• edited 2013-04-15 09:05:19

nvm

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

It's this one episode from The Twelve Kingdoms. Can't remember the name of the episode, only what happens in it. The essence of it is that the main character is being pushed over the edge of a psychological crisis and comes out the other side better for it -- their conclusion is that just because suffering is imposed upon them doesn't mean they have to look for false equivalence and impose suffering on others, and the best thing to do is to be compassionate. 

It was very direct and sincere. This kind of thing seems phoned in and cheesy all too often, but The Twelve Kingdoms is from a different era of anime with different ideas concerning execution. That show was pretty good throughout, but it's a shame that the first season blows everything else out of the water so heavily. 

• edited 2013-04-15 09:51:33
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

There's a sit-com, think of it as Married... with Children retrofitted to Polish conditions, and I'm sure I could post like a dozen favourite episodes, but I'll stick to this one. So, the neighbours learned there's a Church-organised song festival, and decided to take part at the moment they learned the first prize involves copious amounts of wine. After several attempts, they are informed that it would be good if they had more... force, for lack of a better translation. This is the result:

Linky. 

• You can change. You can.

that episode of the simpsons where homer says d'oh

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Especially in the superior Spaniard dub.

ahahahahahhahhhahaghjaahahhhhahashshahahhshahsahsahshhshahahahhahahahahahhahcahcahcahhchfdahhahahahahahhahcahchahahsjashahahahahahhahhhahaghjaahahhhhahashshahahhshahsahsahshhshahahahhahahahahahhahcahcahcahhchfdahhahahahahahhahcahchahahsjashahahahahahhahhhahaghjaahahhhhahashshahahhshahsahsahshhshahahahhahahahahahhahcahcahcahhchfdahhahahahahahhahcahchahahsjashahahahahahhahhhahaghjaahahhhhahashshahahhshahsahsahshhshahahahhahahahahahhahcahcahcahhchfdahhahahahahahhahcahchahahsjash

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Well I was GOING to pick something from Supernatural or Darker than Black, but now I have to go with My Screw Up too because T_T
  • In which DYRE is a weeaboo with shit taste as usual:

Episode 20 of K-ON!! is amazing.  I know episode 24 is supposed to be the real "u hav no sol if u dint cry wen" episode but episode 20 has the performance of my favorite song from the series and Yui's adorably cheesy but still really emotional "Afterschool Tea Time will always be after school!" and the scene after the concert is probably my favorite scene from the whole series.  I could definitely pick episodes from the same show or other shows that are better in various ways but, well, this is what immediately came to mind upon seeing the thread title so there you go.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    I want to say a Simpsons episode, but I don't know if I should pick it based on comedy or in story. I suppose And Maggie Makes Three is great in both ways.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    And would you believe it, they are airing it right now.
  • edited 2013-04-15 15:43:03
    Has friends besides tanks now

Not sure if it would be a Madoka episode (probably one of the last three), or AnoHana (either episode 5 cuz damn, dude, that ending, or episode 11 for the same reason). But it's probably one of those two shows. Maybe episode 11 of Eden of the East for fuckyeahitude.

It's probably The Wire finale for me. Season 5 was pretty much shit, but come on, there's no way you can't cry at "When you were good, you were the best of us."

• I can hardly find a favourite one, but there's a bunch that are pretty high up there:

"Middle Ground" from The Wire's season 3 and the Season 5 finale, The Shield's Finale, Homeland's season 1's final episode, "My Screwup" and  Rah Xephon's episodes 19 and 26 come to mind.

• I think 'Fionna and Cake'? Merely because of what it means and says to the audience.

There are a lot of shows I like better than Adventure Time, though.
  • "Endless Eight," the episode was so memorable I actually ended up watching it 16 times.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

^ I will kill you where you stand just for reminding me of Endless Eight.