If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Things we know we'll never use.

edited 2013-04-11 20:35:21 in General

Like two threads right in this very forum.

Why are such things titled so?

Comments

• As a joke, perhaps? Another forum I go to has a Random Image thread and Japanese Image thread, so I don't have any images I know I'll never use otherwise... except maybe NSFW ones, but I don't post any here either.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I read it as "an excuse to post random crap you find on the internet".

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The videos thread is named after the images thread.

I think the idea behind the images thread is that it's images you want to post, but don't think you'll ever have a context that calls for it.

• Isn't the idea that you're not going to have any other contexts to post it in a context in the first place?
  • The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

Recursive this is what this thread is.

• I think the idea behind the images thread is that it's images you want to post, but don't think you'll ever have a context that calls for it.

Except that image dump threads are a thing, and that already calls for pretty much anything and everything, depending on a board's rules.

Just sayin'.

• You can change. You can.
    Well, the thread was created to complain about the fact that the OP had a bunch of images they could never use because the chances of them being relevant were pretty low.

Having said that, I thought this thread was aboout things we know we'll never use and as such, imma say "my penis"
  • I mostly interpret it as a place where one can dump images that either are hard to post in an appropriate context, or stuff that's cool but too revealing of our powerlevel to other circles.