If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Automatically accepting imperfections in media

edited 2013-04-07 14:59:59 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Is it just me, or do other people sometimes automatically accept imperfections as an inherent part of something?

For example, the first time I heard the Girl's Generation song "Echo", it was embedded a bit too loudly in a video, so that you get that sort of "blaring" effect from some of the bass (is the term "oversampling"?).  But (possibly because I don't usually listen to things really loud) it's a part of the song for me, such that I notice when it's missing and feel something's missing.

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Well, yes. Nothing is perfect. Also, sometimes the roughness even adds to the experience (see: the only reason people like Nirvana)
  • But you never had any to begin with.

Nothing is perfect.

Garlic bread. :|

No media stuff is perfect, then.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Only the underground blakk metal is trve. It isn't trve if it wasn't recorded in the guitarist's toilet.

• To me, "automatically accept imperfections as an inherent part of something" sounded like accepting things that are inherent in the genre, or technical limitations of things like visual effects. Although I guess the second one becomes less common over time.

• Definitely not gay.

Garlic bread. :|

>too buttery

>too much garlic

>never crunchy enough

>perfect

• I'm a damn twisted person
    You are like trying to take the crown as King of Having Horrible Taste, aren't you man?
  • No rainbow star
    Nothing is perfect

You are nothing in the grand scheme of things

Therefore, you are perfect

but what if you're not nothing

what if we're all basically generators of reality as we know it and it is through our existence and observation that the universe unfolds

what if that

• No rainbow star
    Then fuck you 8D
  • Are you grinding up and snorting Warren Ellis comics again?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> You are like trying to take the crown as King of Having Horrible Taste, aren't you man?

I thought that was me.

I never stopped.