If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Audiosurf doesn't seem to synch anything to the music, usually (according to videos)

edited 2013-04-04 23:32:28 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I've seen so many Audiosurf gameplay vids, and it is surprisingly rare that anything in the gameplay is synched with the music.

Well, I guess it's often loosely synched.  But I've never seen anything like, say, colored blocks on all melody notes for a whole phrase, or colored blocks on all downbeats for a whole phrase, or something like that.  The best I've seen is, say, colored blocks following the melody for the first few notes of a phrase, and then random junk.

Is the game really like this?

Comments

• No. It syncs up pretty damn well at times. Sometimes, it just depends on the song.
  • If nothing else, the shape and coloration of the road is pretty clearly synced to the song.

• I know from personal experience how difficult it is to run an audio analyzer that recognizes anything useful.  Suffice to say musical elements are a lot more difficult to mathematically define than one would expect.

Audiosurf probably has the best algorithm out of rhythm games, but even it'll crash and burn every once in a while.  Also Youtube likes to desync audio every once in a while, but hey.

• No rainbow star
    IJBM: Audiosurf is telling me to install quicktime, which I already have