If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

the default controls in Gradius/ Parodius

edited 2013-04-03 08:33:47 in General
They're somethin' else.

So, when you finally play something that's the actual arcade versions, you'll find the controls are as follows:

[Power Up] [Shot] [Missile]

... am I wrong for preferring Shot and Missile as the same button? It seems a bit cumbersome to separate the missiles and your main cannon into two separate buttons.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

The missile's only available in one of the upgrades, right?

• They're somethin' else.

Yeah, the second upgrade on the power up bar. I wouldn't know if there's some sort of tactical advantage to having a separate button for it? Isn't it the kind of thing you'd want to be throwing all over the place?

• Silence is golden.

There's an handful of situations where it can be more advantegous to use one exclusively (like when there's an enemy on the ground that spits bullets when destroyed), but they're few and far in-between.

for Gradius Collection, I mapped autofire missiles and shot on the same button and the "regular" missile amd shot to separate buttons.