If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

What is even going on in the Nasuversere anymore

edited 2013-04-02 22:36:25 in General
I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

I'm not sure if I'm more confused by the whole "earth in the vagina and orgasm" symbolism or that it only does 380 damage.

I don't even know how to describe how full of fuck I am.

Comments

• edited 2013-04-02 23:51:19

Anyone who says CCC isn't the greatest thing ever is a goddamn liar.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

Thats pretty glorious

• No rainbow star
    Did she attack by usong the earth to get off?

I9TGRTP.jpg-

I love Caster so much

• edited 2013-04-03 03:06:07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eJM-ppLPTs&feature=player_detailpage#t=154s

FUCK YOUR EPITOMES OF INFINITY

ENUMA ELISH AT FULL POWER

(Also, if anybody can tell me how to make an embedded video start at a specific time, I'd greatly appreciate it.)

• I have no idea what a Nasuverse even is, so you guys are way ahead of me.

• But you never had any to begin with.

The Nasuverse is the body of works of Kinoko Nasu/Type-Moon. Namely, Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, Notes, Kara no Kyoukai, Tsukihime, the Fate series, Decoration Disorder Disconnection, and a few other bits and pieces.

• edited 2013-04-03 08:55:09
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Kara no Kyoukai

what

Not that I've even like, seen Kara no Kyoukai yet

• I'm not sure if I'm more confused by the whole "earth in the vagina and orgasm" symbolism or that it only does 380 damage.

This is from the guy who wrote a "spear that always kills its target" that has notably not killed anyone and the "strongest servant" who always loses. If you add JRPG logic onto that, it makes perfect sense.

Well, Gae Bolg nearly killed Archer, who only stopped it by using Rho Aias, and Sabers are considered the strongest class and always get to the final battle. If not always winning.

• Still didn't kill anything, and I was talking about Heracles.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

@fourteenwings: Yes, Garden of Sinners is part of the Nasuverse.

Heracles was at a huge disadvantage, though.

• Well, yes, there are a variety of justifications for all the weird shit that goes around (some better than others), but the point is that stuff being super hyped up only to then fall flat are hardly a rare thing in the Nasuverse.

Problem with Spear of Always Killing is that it manipulated fate and shit. Since Luck stat is basically your ability to change fate, it makes sense considering practically all his targets had high Luck or bullshit abilities.

• edited 2013-04-03 17:46:54

And when Lancer used Gae Bolg against Archer in Unlimited Blade Works, he uses 'Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death' as opposed to 'Barbed Spear that Strikes with Death'; the former doesn't carry the 'always pierces the opponent's heart' ability, meaning Archer could block it with Rho Aias (had it been the latter, Archer's piss-poor luck would have done him in). No excuses for how it works in Fate/Extra though, unless you want to go into gameplay mechanics (I haven't done the Rin route yet, so I couldn't give any sort of an explanation - I do recall reading somewhere that it's an instantkill if it connects and you don't block it with Guard, but I can't confirm that either way).

Poor Lancer always gets the short end of the stick. UBW is the only route where he gets to shine. Fate he's restrained by a Command Spell the first time he appears, and the second time he goes up against Gilgamesh, so it's no surprise he lost there. Heaven's Feel, the Command Spell applies, and he dies against True Assassin because Dark Sakura rocks up to stop him beating the crap out of him. UBW, on the other hand, is awesome because he first a) dominates Archer (after Rho Aias vs Gae Bulg Archer is severely depleted and damaged whereas Lancer can easily keep going) b) is a total badass in saving Rin from Shinji and c) is a total fucking legend in saving her from Kotomine.

I'm sorry, I just like making this distinction to point out why Lancer always ends up with a dog day.

Berserker, on the other hand...well, he's partly justified. But only partly. Fate, Archer (who dies doing it) and Saber/Shirou are all needed to take him down, and he mauls Saber earlier in the route. UBW, Gilgamesh kills him. HF, I think Saber gets in a life or two, then he gets corrupted, then Shirou kills him with his own attack. Like I said, partly justified.

• Lancer is the coolest character in FSN, no doubt. Even in the routes in which he doesn't shine, he's profoundly and evidently badass.

Well HF is a bad metric since that had a whole lot of in-universe bullshit going on by the time we meet corrupted bahsahcar

• edited 2013-04-03 23:28:12

Don't even get me started on Heaven's Feel. My one consolation with my copy of Fate/Stay Night crashing in the middle of 'Match Decided - Unlimited Blade Works' is that I'll never be tempted to go and read the final route.

Kotomine is an acceptable loss.

I thought Heaven's Feel was a pretty good route on the whole, especially with the final fights you can get (Shirou versus Saber, Kotomine versus Shirou, Rin versus Sakura) going at once.

Pacing wise, HF suffers from everything from the beginning on being build up for the finale.

• Cutting out Sakura alone would have drastically improved the quality of the route, and the game in general.

I've seen Heaven's Feel described as "best scenes, worst route", and I'm inclined to agree (although "really, really good scenes" might be more accurate than "best").

• Cutting out Sakura would've killed the point, though.

As for my opinion on Heaven's Feel, I liked it. The problem is that all of FSN is pretty derpy, and while such derpiness is tolerable in a route like UBW, because it's being awesome and badass all the time, it becomes really apparent in HF, which tries to be "darker" and "deeper".

It's part of the reason I'm not in a hurry to read Tsukihime, because it seems like it's darker than FSN, and since it's older, Nasu was less experienced when writing it, which means it's probably even derpier.

I felt Tsukihime was a lot better paced than F/SN since it didn't have endless cooking scenes and infodumping.

As far as how dark it is, you do have aruceid who is pretty much the anti-grimdark. As far as character backgrounds go, you don't really have anything at HF levels of Nasuness.

QYF3cO7.png

F/SN also suffers from a lot of this kind of thing happening.

• I'm a damn twisted person

How does Shirou manage to get dressed each day?

• edited 2013-04-05 00:28:31
    I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

He's stupidly smart when it comes to day to day stuff and history.

He just can't figure out women.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

The weird thing about that F/S game above is that it's a turn-based RPG. Of all things, I would've thought F/S would have been screaming for Devil May Cry style action gameplay. 

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Fate/Extra is turn based because a dungeon crawler in real time is a roguelike.

Its not really turn-based RPG as much as a glorified game of rock-paper-scissors.

I could kind of see a more persona-like direction since the holy grail war is, in essence, learning about your enemies and their abilities and fighting when its most favorable to you.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

a dungeon crawler in real time is a roguelike.

um.

no.

Being in real-time has nothing to do with whether a game is a roguelike.

Most of them are turn-based, in fact.

• He's stupidly smart when it comes to day to day stuff and history.

He just can't figure out women.

I'm not all that surprised, considering this is the guy known for reminding us that being killed results in death.

Which reminds me, I haven't seen any Type-Moon stuff since randomly watching the Fate/Prototype mini-episode months ago...