If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

If we were to assume that infinite time, Meinong's jungle, and Many-worlds interpretation were true

edited 2013-03-30 14:59:39 in Wonderful posts

Would there be a world where The Last Guardian has come out?

Also, assuming quantum immortality, of course.

Comments

• Thus non-existent things like unicorns, square circles, and golden mountains can have different properties, and must have a 'being such-and-such' even though they lack 'being' proper.

Why are philosophers so obsessed with square circles?

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^ Because making a square with the same area as a circle using only a ruler, a pencil and a compass is nearly impossible.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

^^^Not necessarily.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

More importantly: In such a world, would I have a signed copy of The Last Dangerous Visions? Because that would own.

• When it comes to media I'd like to imagine existing in an alternate universe, the first thing that comes to mind is always Batman Vs. Godzilla. C'mon, you know you'd wanna see that.

• We already have.  It ends in apocalypse.

• No rainbow star
    ^^ Batman vs The Lovecraftian Mythos
  • As long as it features Batman going up against a fictionalized version of H.P. Lovecraft and personally beating his ass. Seriously, fuck that guy.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Who said anything about him merely beating a fictional Lovecraft?
  • edited 2013-03-30 22:45:29

Oh snap! I'm liking this movie idea more already.

• When it comes to media I'd like to imagine existing in an alternate universe, the first thing that comes to mind is always Batman Vs. Godzilla. C'mon, you know you'd wanna see that.

^^ Batman vs The Lovecraftian Mythos

What about... Godzilla vs. Cthulhu?