If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Arizona judge refuses to grant divorce to Thomas Beatie

edited 2013-03-29 18:05:07 in General
But you never had any to begin with.

Article link.

Ok, quick summary:
Thomas Beatie is a transman who you may remember from the "pregnant man" stories a few years back. Now he is being refused a divorce because he "didn't prove" that he was trans when he was married. Despite the fact that he got married in a state that doesn't recognise same-sex marriage in the first place.

Comments

• edited 2013-03-30 07:09:13
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

An Arizona judge has refused to grant a divorce to a transgender man who gave birth to three children.

The judge said there was insufficient evidence that Thomas Beatie was male when he married; the state bans same-sex marriage. 

You know what, diss me as much as you will, but the first thing that came to me was, like, just a couple of years ago, this could make a background gag from a comedy film, and of the more absurd kind. Like that scene from Mel Brooks' Airplane 2, about man changing his sex and marrying himself. 

• edited 2013-03-29 22:19:11
    a little muffled

Wait, so the judge refuses to end a marriage because (according to the judge) the marriage isn't legal?

I...what?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

It...kind of makes sense, in an insanely stupid way. Basically what he's saying is "I can't divorce you because I'm not willing to acknowledge that you were married at all."

Again, it's hilariously stupid, but I can see his train of thought, I guess is what I'm saying.

• a little muffled

It...kind of makes sense, in an insanely stupid way. Basically what he's saying is "I can't divorce you because I'm not willing to acknowledge that you were married at all."
    But then he should be allowed to marry his new girlfriend without getting a divorce.

Yes, but that isn't what he's asking that judge for, I think.

• a little muffled

No, but I suspect the judge wouldn't be in favour of that either.

True. I'm just relaying his internal logic :P