If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Funky Winkerbean

edited 2013-03-28 16:20:26 in General

Even as someone who just reads it when it comes up on The Comics Curmudgeon, there's a terrible impenetrable air of smug to the whole thing.

Comments

• They're somethin' else.

... hmm...

• It's bad enough that Batiuk feels the need to use his characters to soapbox about his views on comics, but I always got the feeling he's arguing against a strawman. Nobody I've seen who dislikes Funky Winkerbean dislikes it because "argh blargh comics are supposed to be funny", they dislike it because it's just not good storytelling. Batiuk seems to think that constantly making his comic crushingly depressing makes it more "realistic" or something, but in reality it just makes him come off as a chronically depressed guy projecting his own issues.

• Kichigai birthday!!

• No rainbow star
    Only the last non edit one was remotely good

And the first one made me want to punch his face in
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Is this the comic where one of the main characters is missing an arm or something?

I know that that's unrelated to the quality of his writing; just wondering if I have the same series in mind.

I think the series tends to not have obvious humor, but more like, commentary.