If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The reasons I have played Pokemon seem to have nothing to do with why anybody else does

edited 2013-03-28 16:08:57 in General

I just wanna have a team of hardcore badass Pokemon I choose based on looks and gimmicks and journey through a fantasy world with my fake animal friends, not sperg about attack damage.

Or even care about stats very much.

Or at all.

Or know how things work other than "hit them with attacks until they faint" 

Comments

• edited 2013-03-28 16:11:27
    "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

The reasons I have played Pokemon seem to have nothing to do with why a very vocal minority chooses to play Pokemon and very much to do with why everybody else does

Fixed it for you.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

What 707 said. The percentage of people who know or care about the Pokèmon metagame is small enough to be negligible.

Now, a lot of people who talk about Pokèmon online a lot are familiar with it, because they're by definition really into Pokèmon.

• edited 2013-03-28 16:26:37
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think it's Pokémon.

Anyhow, I got into it because I was watching the show and thought it seemed interesting.

Then I stopped having time to watch the show or play the games.  Plus I was a bit annoyed at the "one game for the price of three" mechanic.

• edited 2013-03-28 16:28:15
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I think it's Pokémon.

...Fuck. I memorized how to type the wrong character without even realizing it T_T

Plus I was a bit annoyed at the "one game for the price of three" mechanic.

This is horrendously exaggerated. Nobody actually expects anyone to buy both games unless they're really obsessive collectors. Even most of those will just trade.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Plus I was a bit annoyed at the "several games for the price of one" mechanic.

Nobody (sane) tries to catch all the Pokémon nowadays anyway. And if you do try, there's online trading, even though that gets a bit iffy.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I consider hacking the game as needed to be fair game for catching normally-event-only pokémon.

This clause in my mental rulebook has not been exercised yet, aside from messing around on a Red ROM.  (Funny how that's the one game I don't have in cart form from that generation.)

• But you never had any to begin with.

I've got Red and Blue, but not Yellow. The only generation I'm missing a cart for is Gen 2, although I borrowed Gold off a friend and beat it years ago.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm missing Silver for that one.

• a little muffled

Yeah, this is pretty much why everyone ever plays Pokémon.

Even most of the competitive players I know (myself included) don't really pay much heed to that stuff when playing through the story.