If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I seem to be the only one who understands Myrmidon's topics

edited 2013-03-28 03:45:47 in General
(void)

Is it because I see him complain about the same things on IRC and Twitter?

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes.

Without any context, many of his threads have complaints, but they can't be understood because the people reading them don't understand what he's complaining about.

• They're somethin' else.

I normally don't mind them.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

myrmidon_ebooks really ought to be a thing by now...

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I don't mind them, but I would prefer it if Myrmidon explained his complaints so I could understand them.

• edited 2013-03-28 04:14:24
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Yes, this.

I mean, Myrm, it's really not that hard to include a brief description of what you're talking about.  If you're talking about a certain line of philosophy or a certain subculture that I don't know about, yes, I could go look it up myself, but most likely, I'm going to be unfamiliar with it, will have no interest in it, and will just gloss over the thread.  If you want a discussion on it you should at least provide some leads for people to get interested in a topic they're not familiar with.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Heh, I'd rather say nobody answers to philosophy threads, period...

When I do that, nobody responds.

That may simply be because nobody has anything to reply to that. I mean, what could I say to that thread? "Yeah, he sure did contradict himself"?

That's not the case with other threads of yours, though. It might be with some, but probably not all.

• I quite like Myrmidon's threads.

I just wish people would post more.

• edited 2013-03-28 09:20:48
    I didn't respond because I thought you were reading the passage a bit too superficially, and that there was no way everyone else on IJBM would let you get away with that.

Also, I couldn't think of a way to say "The contradiction in that work is supposed to highlight/"solve" the problem by way of juxtaposition/contradiction." without being overly insulting at the time.

I mean, the guy outright says so in 'The Indestructability of Our True Beings by Death' in the first few lines.
  • if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Honestly, I like Myrm's threads too.