If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: beer + sports game + boorish humor + other "guy things" behaviors

edited 2013-03-23 01:52:34 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I honestly don't know how people find this enjoyable.

Discuss.

Comments

• edited 2013-03-23 01:57:06

Also, people communicating almost entirely through yells of "aah", "eyoo", "eyyy", "oyy",  etcetera when watching a game on TV. Seems to be standard behaviour around here.

• There's not much to discuss. Some people just don't like the same things as others.

• edited 2013-03-23 02:12:48
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I like beer, but I generally am a bit of a snob about finer beers and drink it in solitude.

Do I count?

But yeah, I often don't get a lot of social aspects that people enjoy.

I also don't enjoy the male glamorization of violence but that's another thing.

• Definitely not gay.

It's fun to act stupid sometimes.

• edited 2013-03-23 02:42:11

Also, the behaviour I mentioned a few posts up there is not only common around here, but actually celebrated, to some extent. Kinda beyond "fun to act stupid sometimes" and approaches "this is LIFE, and how people live it!".

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

You live on Jersey Shore?

• edited 2013-03-23 03:10:30

No, I'm pretty damn far from anywhere in the U.S. And most, if not every country any regular posters here live.

Sometimes I wonder if I should stop being so vague. Although, I think I was kinda obvious about it on a few occasions, but only obvious enough for somebody familiar with the country in question. I doubt anyone reading this would feel anything but confused, though.

Ironically(?), "courtesy" is sorta valued here, but people can be pretty boorish and all. Even adults, especially when it's a friends gathering instead of a family one.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

guy things

• Liking sports I kind of understand. But the humor gets me. 

I also hate the guy things.

• Everyone has churting moods in which they sing loud, crack terrible jokes and engage in horseplay. Some of them just coincide with sports games.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Around here, there's an annual "men's walk" to raise money for a local care home. At the end the participants get a pint, a pie, and a live rugby match. It's kinda weird.

...Huh, now I think about it, that happens today.

• We should make a "Things a lot of people like but Glenn doesn't and is unable to get the appeal of" metathread.

• You can change. You can.

I thought that was the reason IJBM was founded.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Glenn didn't found it, though. :P

Glenn was here at the beginning of it all, though. 

• a little muffled

He's member number 2. :o

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

How do you see the list of members by the date of joining?

• edited 2013-03-23 18:57:21
    You can change. You can.

Every profile has a number which represents the order on which they joined.

ETA: For example, you're 600.

Cool, I've never noticed that before. Thanks!

• Has friends besides tanks now

With that said, I don't know if there's a way to look at the user list and have it sorted based on when they joined. Don't know what in the dashboard would allow me to look at that, at least. Maybe UE would know.

• Where's that number? I can't seem to find it.

In the URL of your profile. You're 961.

Anyway, on-topic:

I honestly don't find anything wrong with the things described with the OTP or enjoying them, even if I find them annoying in excess/if I'm not in the mood.